Nikon have now released the updated Nikon D800 camera, it is the D810 and is still quite similar to the Nikon D800 and D800E but with some important enhancements.
- It has a 36.3 Megapixel FX format CMOS sensor.
- ISO coverage is extendable from 32 to 51,200.
- Frame rate is up to 7 fps.
- Sensor is 921k pixels RGB.
- 51-point AF with Group area AF mode.
- Full HD 1080/60p video recording.
The processor is the EXPEED 4 image processor which will allow faster subject acquisition and highly accurate focusing. The advanced EXPEED 4 image processor, which is featured in the flagship D4S, enables the D810 to give sophisticated operations faster than its predecessor the D800.
Fine image details are captured with a greater sense of quality all the way up to the standard ISO of 12800.
The camera features both high speed CF and SD dual card slots.
All together this update of the D800 camera to the D810 appears to be a great update to a great camera.
For the extremely serious photographer this camera to my mind is a most desirable piece of equipment.