The AF-S NIKKOR 400mm f2.8E FL ED VR is a significant update to the 400mm f/2.8 lens. It includes a new electromagnetic diaphragm mechanism, with improved autofocus (AF) speed, AF accuracy, and auto exposure (AE) accuracy.
The lens includes new Vibration Reduction (VR) ‘SPORT’ mode to compensate for image blur caused by camera shake when shooting sporting events.
The built in tripod mount now has bearings to make it more durable and also smoother in operation.
A meniscus protective glass is provided at the front of the lens which is coated with fluorine.
The lens includes ED elements fluorite elements and Nano Crystal Coatings to reduce ghosting and flare. The body of the lens includes magnesium alloy in the lens barrel which makes the lens lighter and more robust.
- Fmount FX format
- Focal length, 400mm
- Maximum aperture, f/2.8
- Minimum aperture, f/22
- Lens construction, 16elements, 12groups, including 2 ED elements, 2 fluorite elements, together with lens elements with Nano-Crystal coatings) and 1 protective glass element, with fluorine coat
- Angle of view FX format: 6° 10′
- Angle of view:DX format 4°
- Minimum focus distance, 2.6m (8.5ft)
- VR (Vibration Reduction) image stabilization
- 9 rounded diaphragm blades
- Coating Nano Crystal Coat
- Dimensions, 159.5 mm, maximum diameter, 358 mm distance from camera lens mount flange
- Weight, 3800grams