If money were no object this is the ultimate telephoto lens I would get.
The AF-S NIKKOR 500mm f/4E FL ED VR, is advertised as the world’s lightest 500mm f/4 FX-format compatible lens.
The lens incorporates all the the latest NIKKOR technology such as two fluorite lens and Extra-Low Dispersion (ED) glass elements with Nano Crystal Coating. It also features an electromagnetic aperture mechanism that allows for stable exposure control, and a fluorine coat that effectively repels dust, water, grease and dirt. A Vibration Reduction (VR) system that provides an effect equivalent to a shutter speed of 4.0 stops faster.
- Fmount lens, Type E AF-S lens with built-in CPU
- Focal length, 500mm,
- Maximum aperture, f/4,
- Minimum aperture, f/22,
- 16 elements , 12groups, (including 3 ED lens elements, 2 fluorite elements, and lens elements with Nano-Crystal coatings) and 1 protective glass element (with fluorine coating),
- Angle of view, Nikon FX-format D-SLR cameras: 5 degrees, Nikon DX-format D-SLR cameras: 3 degrees 10 minutes
- Minimum focus distance, 3.6metres, 11.9ft, from focal plane,
- Vibration Reduction image stabilization,
- No. of diaphragm blades, 9 rounded diaphragm blades,
- Nano Crystal Coat, Fluorine coat,
- Automatic electronic aperture control,
- Metering, Full aperture,
- Filter size, 40.5mm,
- Dimensions, 140 mm maximum diameter x 387 mm (distance from camera lens mount flange),
- Weight, 3,090 grams, 6 lb 13 oz,
- AF-S Silent Wave Motor,
- Internal focusing,
- Focus mode, Manual, Manual/Auto, Auto/Manual,
- Focus limit switch, two positions: FULL (infinity to 3.6 m) and infinity to 8 m,
- Focus distance indicator.
- Slip-on Front Lens Cap,
- Rear Lens Cap, LF-4,
- Lens Hood, HK-34,
- Slip-in Filter Holder, 40.5 mm,
- Screw-in NC Filter,
- Strap, LN-2,
- Lens Case, CT-505,
- Monopod Collar,
- G-type lens.