I have been waiting for an extremely sharp lens in the range of 20mm from Nikon for some time and here it is.
Here is an ultra wide angle lens with a minimum focus distance of 0.20m. I see this as being an excellent lens for landscapes. As I am building a photographic system using prime lenses I see this lens as being a very useful addition to my 28mm and 50mm lenses. I love wide and am lacking in this focal length range.
Let your creativity take centre stage and leverage the full capabilities of your high-pixel-count camera. With the AF-S NIKKOR 20mm f/1.8G ED’s exceptionally shallow depth of field at the maximum aperture of f1.8, you can draw more prominence to your subject and reduce distractions in the background, even when you’re shooting in the dark or in narrow indoor spaces. Its minimum focus distance of 0.20m also captures stunning portraits that stand out from the background.
This lens has Nikons Nano Crystal Coat to help minimise ghosting and flare, resulting in extraordinary, crisp clarity.
This lens design should be very suitable for our latest high pixel count camera bodies. There are two ED glass and aspherical lens elements to improve the image quality.
- Type Fmount, Type G AF-S lens with built-in CPU and F mount,
- Format FX/35mm,
- Focal length, 20mm,
- Maximum aperture, f/1.8,
- Minimum aperture, f/16,
- 13elements, 11, groups, (including 2 ED lens elements, 2 aspherical lens elements and lens elements with Nano-Crystal coatings),
- Angle of view, Nikon film SLR and FX-format D-SLR cameras: 94°, Nikon DX-format D-SLR cameras: 70°,
- Minimum focus distance, 0.2m (0.66ft), from focal plane,
- VR (Vibration Reduction) image stabilization,
- 7 rounded diaphragm openings,
- Nano Crystal Coat,
- Diaphragm Fully automatic,
- Metering Full aperture,
- Filter size, 77mm, (P = 0.75 mm),
- Dimensions 82.5 mm maximum diameter x 80.5 mm (distance from camera lens mount flange),
- Weight, 355g (12.6 oz.),
- AF-S (Silent Wave Motor),
- Internal focusing,
- Focus modes, Manual, Manual/Auto,
- G-type lens,