The new Niklon 1 J4 is a new iteration of the Nikon mirrorless cameras. It may be the ideal camera for photographers who require a smaller but high performing camera. This camera has an extremely high shooting speed of 20 frames per second with autofocus that is faster than even a D-SLR camera.
It will give very high quality shots with the J4’s newly developed 18.4 megapixel CX-format CMOS sensor and EXPEED 4A image-processing engine. It has a capability of clearer photos at night with a wide range of ISO sensitivities ranging from ISO 160 to 6400 in Auto mode. The J4 has also been designed without an Optical Low Pass Filter (OLPF) sensor to improve the detail and precision of the images you capture.
The J4 is one of the smallest and lightest cameras in its class, weighing only 232g (including battery and microSD memory card) and measuring 99.5mm (width) x 60mm (height) x 28.5mm (depth).
Capture the action and drama of life with the J4’s superior continuous AF performance and ability to shoot Full HD movies at 1080/60p.
Use the SB-N10 Underwater Speedlight with 4 flash modes to ensure you are never in the dark when it comes to superb pictures of the deep blue sea.
- Lens mount Nikon 1 mount
- Effective angle of view 2.7x lens focal length (35 mm format equivalent)
- Image sensor format CX
- Image sensor type CMOS
- Sensor size 13.2mm, x8.8mm
- Effective pixels 18.4million
- Image size (pixels). Still images taken in auto, best moment capture, and all creative modes other than easy panorama (aspect ratio 3 : 2), (L)5232, x3488, (M)3920, x2616, (S)2608, x1744, Still images taken in normal panorama mode with camera panned horizontally (aspect ratio 120 : 23) 4800 x 920. Still images taken in normal panorama mode with camera panned vertically (aspect ratio 8 : 25) 1536 x 4800. Still images taken in wide panorama mode with camera panned horizontally (aspect ratio 240 : 23) 9600 x 920. Still images taken in wide panorama mode with camera panned vertically (aspect ratio 4 : 25) 1536 x 9600. Still images taken during movie recording (aspect ratio 3 : 2) 5232 x 3488 (1080/60p, 1080/30p) 1472 x 984 (720/60p, 720/30p). Motion Snapshots (photo portion, aspect ratio 16 : 9) 5232 x 2936.
- File format NEF (RAW): 12-bit, compressed, JPEG: JPEG-Baseline compliant with fine (approx. 1 : 4), normal (approx. 1 : 8) compression, NEF (RAW) + JPEG: Single photograph recorded in both NEF (RAW) and JPEG formats
- Picture Control system Standard, Neutral, Vivid, Monochrome, Portrait, Landscape, ; selected Picture Control can be modified; storage for custom Picture Controls
- Media microSD (micro Secure Digital), microSDHC, microSDXC
- Card slot single
- File system DCF 2.0, DPOF, Exif 2.3, PictBridge
- Depth-of-field preview
- Shooting modes auto; creative, with a choice of the following options: P, S, A, M, creative palette, HDR, easy panorama, soft, miniature effect, selective color, cross process, and toy camera effect; best moment capture (Active Selection, slow view and Smart Photo Selector); advanced movie (HD movie, slow motion, jump cut, fast motion and 4-second movie), Motion Snapshot
- Type Electronic shutter Speed 1/16,000to, 30s, in steps of 1/3 EV; Bulb Note: Bulb ends automatically after approximately 2 minutes
- Flash sync speed Synchronizes with shutter at X=1/60s, or slowerModes S (single frame), Continuous, Self-timer
- Frame advance rate Approx. 5, 10, 20, 30, or 60 fps
- Self-timer 2 s, 10 s
- Metering system TTL metering using image sensor
- Metering method Matrix Center-weighted: Meters 4.5 mm circle in center of frame Spot: Meters 2 mm circle centered on selected focus area
- Mode P programmed auto with flexible program; S shutter-priority auto; A aperture-priority auto; M manual; scene auto selector
- Exposure compensation –3–+3EV, in steps of1/3EV
- ISO Sensitivity 200 to 12800, in steps of 1EV, ISO 160; 6400(NR); 12800 (NR); auto ISO sensitivity control (ISO 160–6400, 160–3200, 160–800) available (user controlled in P, S, A, and M modes)
- Active D-Lighting On, off
- Built in flash
- Guide number 5/16 (m/ft, ISO 100, 20 °C/68 °F; at ISO 160, Guide Number is approx. 6.3/20.7)
- File format MOV
- Video compression H.264/MPEG-4 Advanced Video Coding
- Audio recording format PCM
- Audio recording device Built-in stereo microphone; sensitivity adjustable
- Maximum recording time Auto mode: 20 minutes Creative mode: 20 minutes HD movie 20: minutes Slow motion: 3 seconds Fast motion: 20 minutes Jump cut: 20 minutes 4-second movie: 4 seconds
- Monitor size 7.5cm (3in.) diagonal
- slide show, histogram display, auto image rotation, and rating option
- USB Hi-Speed USB equivalent
- HDMI output Type D HDMI connector
- One rechargeable Li-ion EN-EL22 battery
- AC adapter EH-5b AC adapter; requires EP-5E power connector (available separately)
- Tripod socket 1/4 in.
- Dimensions (WxHxD) 99.5, x60.0, x28.5mm (3.9, x2.4, x1.1in.), excluding projections
- Weight 32g (8.2), with battery and memory card but without body cap; approx. 192 g (6.8 oz), camera body only
- Operating environment Temperature: 0°C–40°C (+32° F–104°F) Humidity: 85% or less (no condensation)
- body cap,
- USB cable,
- ViewNX 2 CD,
- EN-EL22 rechargeable Li-ion battery (with terminal cover),
- MH-29 battery charger.