The AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-300mm f/3.5-6.3G ED VR lens can be regarded as an all in one lens that covers all photography applications. It will do all things but may not do them exceptionally well. I do not believe one lens covers all applications. the main example being that the f/6.3 aperture is not the best for isolating your subject matter.
If you do want a single lens that covers all applications then it may be worth trying this one.
The AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-300mm f3.5-6.3G ED does have the Vibration Reduction (VR) function to minimise camera shake by providing an effect equivalent to a shutter speed 4.0 stops faster than normal.
- F mount, format DX
- Focal length, 18–300mm
- Maximum aperture, f/3.5–6.3
- Minimum aperture, f/22–40
- Lens construction, 16elements in, 12groups, (including 3 ED lens elements, 3 aspherical lens elements)
- Angle of view, 76° – 5° 20′
- Minimum focus distance, 0.48m (1.6ft)
- Compatible format(s) DX, FX in DX Crop Mode
- VR (Vibration Reduction) image stabilization
- Number of diaphragm blades 7 (rounded)
- Filter attachment size, 67mm
- Dimensions, 78.5 mm maximum diameter x 99 mm (distance from camera lens mount flange)
- Weight, 550g (19.4 oz.)
- AF-S (Silent Wave Motor)
- Internal focusing
- Focus modes, Auto, Manual
- G-type lens.
- 67 mm snap-on Front Lens Cap, LC-67
- Rear Lens Cap.