This Nikon 1 NIKKOR 32mm f/1.2 lens is the fastest 1 NIKKOR lens now available. This medium telephoto lens has a focal length of 32mm, (86mm in 35mm format). Its extremely large maximum aperture of f/1.2 delivers exceptional with superb background blur.
This lens is the first of the 1 NIKKOR line which includes Nano Crystal Coat technology to reduce flare and ghosting. A Silent Wave Motor is also included to give quiet focussing operation. The lens also enables shooting with a very shallow depth of field and has a focus ring for accurate fine tuning in manual priority autofocus mode.
Many people love these types of lenses for several reasons. The extremely large aperture will give an extremely thin depth of field and this will require very accurate focussing, but will give a superb emphasis on the subject. The background can be really blurred out with excellent bokeh.
This lens will also be great for low light situations and available light photography.
Here are some of the available lenses for the Nikon 1 system.
- Nikon 1 mount lens
- Focal length, 32 mm
- Maximum aperture, f/1.2
- Minimum aperture, f/16
- Lens construction, 9 elements in 7 groups
- Nano Crystal coatings
- Angle of view, 28°
- Minimum focus distance, 0.45 m, 1.48 ft, from focal plane
- Maximum reproduction ratio, 0.08x
- Diaphragm blades, 7 with rounded diaphragm opening
- Diaphragm fully automatic
- Aperture range, f/1.2 – f/16
- Filter size, 52 mm, P=0.75 mm
- Dimensions, 65.5 mm diameter x 47 mm (distance from camera lens mount flange)
- Weight, 235 g, 8.3 oz