This lens is an Ultra Wide Angle lens for the FX Format Photographer. The 18-35mm f/3.5-4.5G ED lens features a useful wide angle focal length for landscape, large group shots, architecture and photojournalism photography.
The lens is also suitable for shooting HD video in tight interiors together with many other applications.
The lens performance is optimized for ultra high pixel count D-SLR cameras including the Nikon D800 series and D600, while providing close focus up to 0.92 feet, 11 inches.
With the current range of high MPixel cameras (D800 series and D600) I expect that this lens will be much better than the previous older 18-35mm version. Nikon mention that it is designed specifically for those cameras. I am very interested in seeing final full resolution images from the lens using these cameras.
- FX-format compatible
- 1.9x ultra wide angle zoom lens covering a focal-length range from 18 to 35 mm
- Compact and light design with a weight of 385 g/13.6 oz.
- Aspherical lens and ED glass elements
- Seven blade iris diaphragm
- Aberration correction reduces axial chromatic aberration and astigmatism
- Silent Wave Motor (SWM)
- Two focus modes are available – M/A
- Focal length, 18-35 mm
- Maximum aperture, f/3.5-4.5
- Minimum aperture, f/22-29
- Lens construction, 12 elements in 8 groups , including 2 ED glass and 3 aspherical lens elements
- Angle of view, 63° – 100° (44° – 76° with Nikon DX format)
- Minimum focus distance, 0.28 m, 0.92 ft
- Maximum reproduction ratio, 0.2x
- Number of diaphragm blades, 7 (rounded)
- Filter attachment size, 77mm
- Diameter x length, 83 x 95 mm, 3.3 x 3.7 in.
- Weight, 385 g, 13.6 oz.
- 77 mm snap-on Front Lens Cap, LC-77
- Rear Lens Cap, LF-4
- Bayonet Hood, HB-66
- Flexible Lens Pouch, CL-1118.