This ultra wide lens is a high performance VR, 6.7-13mm, f/3.5-5.6 lens for the Nikon 1 series of cameras.
The lens fits in with the Nikon 1 philosophy of portability, speed, and image quality. With a minimum focal length of 6.7 mm, the lens is ideal for impressive wide landscapes or fitting the whole family into a group shot or for sharp compositions of architectural interiors.
The lens covers an ultra wide angle of 100° to a regular wide angle range of 63°, which is equivalent to an approx. 18 to 35 mm focal length in the 35mm format.
When I am working with the normal 35mm format, I love to use lenses down to a focal length of around 18mm and this lens will really meet that need.
The lens construction utilises aspherical lens elements and ED glass elements to give very high performance optical characteristics.
- Nikon 1 mount lens
- Focal length, 6.7-13 mm
- Maximum aperture, f/3.5-5.6
- Minimum aperture, f/16
- 11 elements in 7 groups, including 3 aspherical lens elements and 3 ED lens elements
- Angle of view, 100°-63°
- Minimum focus distance, 0.25 metres, 0.82 feet from focal plane at all zoom positions
- Maximum reproduction ratio, 0.16x
- 7 Rounded diaphragm blades
- Filter size, 52 mm, P=0.75 mm
- Dimensions, 56.5 mm diameter x 46 mm when lens is retracted
- Weight, 125 grams, 4.5 ounces.