This AF-S Nikkor, 70-200mm f/4G ED VR lens is a great addition to the Nikon lens range. It is so compact and lightweight compared to the large f/2.8 equivalent focal length lens.
To some people the difference between f/4 and f/2.8 will be a deciding factor in their purchasing decision and for others the lighter and smaller lens will be a bigger consideration. This will be an excellent lens for travellers who require something compact.
This lens includes the improved VRIII functionality which is said to improve the VR capability by up to 5 stops.
The lens incorporates Nano Crystal Coating to effectively reduce ghosting and flare.
Autofocus is possible with the 1.4x, 1.7x and 2x teleconverters when attached to f/8-compatible body types.
- Type G AF-S lens with built-in CPU and F mount
- Focal length, 70-200 mm
- Maximum aperture, f/4
- Minimum aperture, f/32
- Lens construction, 20 elements in 14 groups, including 3 ED lens elements, one HRI lens element, and lens elements with Nano-Crystal coatings
- Angle of view, FX format: 34° 20′ – 12° 20′, DX format: 22° 50′ – 8°
- Nikon Internal Focusing (IF) System with autofocus Silent Wave Motor
- Separate focus ring for manual focus
- Minimum focus distance, 1 m, 3.28 ft
- Maximum reproduction ratio, 0.274x
- 9 rounded diaphragm blades
- Filter size, 67 mm, P = 0.75 mm
- Dimensions, 78 mm x 178.5 mm
- Weight, 850 g, 30.0 oz.