When you purcase a camera you should think of the complete camera system you are buying into. Nikon have a very impressive flash system which forms part of their camera system.
The SB-600 flash is a great addition to the Nikon camera system in conjunction with any of their current cameras.
The Speedlight SB-600 electronic flash supports Nikon’s advanced wireless lighting creative system as a remote light or as the main light and allows for the use of multiple flashes to further extend the creative possibilities.
The SB-600 flash supports the Nikon Creative Lighting System with i-TTL, to provide automatic balanced fill flash, D-TTL, TTL functionality or manual control.
Creative Lighting System
The Nikon Creative lighting system enables a variety of flash operations using multiple flashes with automatic TTL operation. The remote flashes are controlled remotely using wireless communication.
Purchase your Nikon Speedlight flash units here at B&H Photo Video.
- Automatic flash exposure control as follows
- Balanced Fill-Flash,
- Guide number at 35mm zoom head position,
- 30/98 m/ft at ISO 100,
- 42/138 m/ft at ISO 200
- Auto FP High Speed sync,
- Wide area AF Assist Illumination,
- Accurate i-TTL flash control is achieved through flash exposure monitoring control,
- Flash angle coverage is Automatic 24-85mm, extendable to 14mm with the built in wide angle flash adapter
- Flash shooting distance range (in TTL auto flash mode) 0.6m to 20m (2 to 65.6 ft.), variable depending on the ISO sensitivity, zoom-head position and lens aperture in use
- Recycling time, 3.5 sec. with alkaline batteries
- Number of flashes, 200 with alkaline batteries
- Power source, four, 1.5V AA size batteries.
- Dimensions, 68 x 123.5 x 90mm (2.7 x 4.9 x 3.5 in.),
- Weight, without batteries, 300g (10.6 oz.)