The SB-400 flash unit is a compact entry level unit which is compatible with i-TTL flash operation. This flash unit can not be used in the remote mode necessary for the Nikon Creative Lighting System.
The SB-400 flash can significantly enhance images and give brighter and more natural lighting where there is insufficient ambient lighting.
The SB-400 flash can not be used with cameras not compatible with the Nikon Creative Lighting System. The SB-400 is not compatible with Advanced Wireless Lighting.
- Guide number at 20°C/68°F, 30/98.4 at ISO 200, m/ft and 21/69 at ISO 100, m/ft,
- Angle of coverage is that of an 18mm lens with DX format cameras and 27mm lens when mounted on an FX camera,
- Flash modes, i-TTL and M manual,
- Recycling time, 3.9 sec,
- Flash shooting distance range: 0.6m – 20m,
- Number of flashes, 140 with alkaline-manganese batteries,
- Compatible cameras – all cameras compatible with Nikon Creative Lighting System,
- Slow sync, red eye reduction, red eye reduction in slow sync, rear curtain sync, manual flash,
- Bounce capability, head tilts up to 90° with click-stops at 0°, 60°, 75°, 90°,
- Two AA batteries,
- Flash duration, 1/1300 sec. at full output,
- Dimensions 66 x 56.5 x 80mm (2.6 x 2.2 x 3.1 in.),
- Weight 127g (4.5 oz.)