The new AF-P DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR lens features a stepping motor, a first for Nikkor lenses and built-in Vibration Reduction. This lens is aimed at Nikon’s D3000-series and D5000-series cameras, the AF-P DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR’s light, compact design make it so easy to use.
Autofocus (AF) movements are now smoother than ever before with Nikkor’s first lens with a stepping motor. The AF-P DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR accelerates phase-detection AF speeds by approximately 10 times and contrast-detection AF speeds by approximately 3.5 times. With a 25% reduction in noise within the AF drive, this lens is great for shooting stills and even better for videos.
- Fmount, Type G AF-P DX lens with built-in CPU and F mount,
- Format, DX,
- Focal length, 18–, 55mm,
- Maximum aperture, f/3.5, to 5.6,
- Minimum aperture, f/22, to 38,
- Lens construction, 12 elements in 9 groups, (2 aspherical lens elements),
- Angle of view, 76° to 28° 50′,
- Minimum focus distance, 0.25m (0.9ft), from focal plane at all zoom positions,
- VR (Vibration Reduction) image stabilization,
- 7 Rounded diaphragm blades,
- Diaphragm, fully automatic,
- Metering, full aperture,
- Filter size, 55mm, (P = 0.75 mm),
- Dimensions, 64.5 mm maximum diameter x 62.5 mm (distance from camera lens mount flange),
- Weight, 205g (7.3 oz.),
- AF-S (Silent Wave Motor),
- Internal focusing,
- Manual/Auto focus mode,
- Focus distance indicator,
- Focal length scale, graduated in millimeters (18, 24, 35, 45, 55),
- Manual zoom using independent zoom ring.
- 55 mm snap-on Front Lens Cap, LC-55A,
- Rear Lens Cap.
Purchase your gear at B&H.