This new AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8E ED VR is one of the new lenses with no mechanical aperture coupling, the aperture coupling is done via electrical contacts on the lens, the E in the lens title indicates that it has electrical aperture coupling.
This lens is in Nikon’s professional range with the gold ring and it has Nikon’s Nano-Crystal and fluorine coatings.
A top of the range lens but rather expensive.
- F mount,
- Type E, AF-S lens,
- Built in CPU and F mount,
- Format, FX/35mm,
- Focal length, 24–70mm,
- Maximum aperture, f/2.8,
- Minimum aperture, f/22,
- Lens construction, 20 elements in 16 groups, including 2 ED elements, 1 aspherical ED element, 3 aspherical elements, 1 high refraction element, and elements with Nano-Crystal or fluorine coatings,
- Angle of view, Nikon FX format D-SLR cameras: 84° to 34° 20′, Nikon DX-format D-SLR cameras: 61° to 22° 50′,
- Minimum focus distance, 35 to 50 mm focal length:, 0.38m (1.25ft), 24, 28, and 70 mm focal lengths:, 0.41m (1.35ft), from focal plane,
- VR (Vibration Reduction) image stabilization,
- Number of diaphragm blades, 9 rounded diaphragm opening,
- Nano Crystal Coat,
- Fluorine coat,
- Diaphragm, automatic electronic aperture control,
- Metering, Full aperture,
- Filter size, 82mm (P = 0.75 mm),
- Dimensions, 88.0 mm maximum diameter x 154.5 mm (distance from camera lens mount flange),
- Weight, 1070g (2.4 lb),
- AF-S Silent Wave Motor,
- Internal focusing,
- Focus modes, Manual, Manual/Auto, Nikon Internal Focusing (IF) System with autofocus controlled by Silent Wave Motor and separate focus ring for manual focus,
- Focus distance indicator,
- Focal length scale, graduated in millimeters (24, 28, 35, 50, 70),
- Manual zoom using independent zoom ring.
- 82 mm snap-on Front Lens Cap, LC-82,
- Rear Lens Cap, LF-4,
- Bayonet Hood, HB-74,
- Lens Case, CL-M3.