This lens is a DX format lens and is not suitable for the FX format, it provides a 5.5 times zoom range with a focal length of 55-300mm.
This lens is Nikons first lens to use a high refractive index, HRI lens element, with a refractive index of 2.0 or higher. The use of a HRI lens element provides the same benefits as multiple elements made of standard optical glass. It exhibits excellent contrast and sharp rendering over the entire frame even at maximum aperture.
The lens has built in vibration reduction, VR II. Two ED lens elements are used for superior chromatic aberration compensation and the lens has a Silent Wave Motor, SWM.
This lens should be an excellent travelling companion for DX camera users in conjunction with a wide angle lens.
The full details of the specification of this lens are detailed as follows:
- Lens Construction 17 elements, 11 groups, 2 ED glasses.
- Picture Angle with DX Format 28° 50′- 5° 20′
- F stop range 4.5 at 55mm and 5.6 at 300mm, minimum f stop f/22-f/29
- Closest focusing distance 1.4 metres
- Maximum reproduction ratio 0.28 tikmes
- Filter Size 58 mm
- Lens Hood HB-57
- Lens Case CL-1020
- Dimensions 76.5 x 123 mm
- Weight 530 grams.