This lens is great for wide angle photography, it is extremely compact. If a lens is required wider than this, then go for the 14-24mm f/2.8 zoom.
The lens features the close range correction (CRC) system to provide high performance at both near and far focusing distances, this lens is the best of the older 24mm f/2.8 D and 35mm f/2.0 D lenses.
With this lens there is some curvature of field, at close ranges, and there is also some chromatic aberation. Image sharpness is reasonable but not excellent. Contrast is quite good.
- Lens Construction,12 elements, 6 groups,
- Picture Angle, FX, 94 degrees,
- Picture Angle, DX, 70 degrees,
- F stop range 2.8 to 22,
- Closest focusing distance, 0.25 metres, 0.85 feet,
- Maximum reproduction ratio 0.12 times,
- Filter size 62 mm,
- Dimensions 69 x 42.5 mm,
- Weight 270 grams.