Nikon 1 V3 Mirrorless Electronic Viewfinder Interchangeable Lens Camera
The Nikon 1 V3 is essentially a small mirrorles camera aimed at the photographer who wants a compact action mirrorless camera.
This camera is fast and light with extremely fast auto focussing speed. The camera uses fast phase detection AF with high precision and low light capability of contrast detect AF. It is essentially a hybrid AF system. There are 171 AF points tightly packed over nearly the entire frame, 105 are phase detection points for superb focus accuracy.
The extremely fast 20 fps shooting speed will outperforms any digital SLR.
The already brief shooting time lag of the Nikon 1 Series has been reduced, with the fast AF and a quicker lens drive time to capture shots very quickly.
Auto ISO sensitivity ranges from ISO 160 to 6400, automatically changing depending on the lighting conditions.
Expeed 4A image processing is used which allows continuous shooting of full-resolution photos at 60 fps.
I use a Nikon 1 V1 on a regular basis and the new V3 is a significant improvement over the V1 camera.
- Support for interchangeable lenses
- Lens mount Nikon 1 mount
- Effective angle of view 2.7 times lens focal length
- Image sensor format, CX
- Sensor size 13.2mm x 8.8mm
- Dust reduction system Image sensor cleaning
- Effective pixels 18.4 million
- Image size (pixels) Still images taken in auto, P, S, A, M, best moment capture, and all creative modes other than easy panorama (aspect ratio 3 : 2) 5232 x 3488, 3920 x 2616, 2608 x 1744. Still images taken in normal panorama mode with camera panned horizontally (aspect ratio 120 : 23) 4800 x 920. Still images taken in normal panorama mode with camera panned vertically (aspect ratio 8 : 25) 1536 x 4800. Still images taken in wide panorama mode with camera panned horizontally (aspect ratio 240 : 23) 9600 x 920. Still images taken in wide panorama mode with camera panned vertically (aspect ratio 4 : 25) 1536 x 9600. Still images taken during movie recording (aspect ratio 3 : 2) 5232 x 3488 (1080/60p, 1080/30p) 1472 x 984 (720/60p, 720/30p). Motion Snapshots (photo portion, aspect ratio 16 : 9) 5232 x 2936
- File format NEF (RAW): 12-bit, compressed, JPEG: JPEG-Baseline compliant with fine (approx. 1 : 4), normal (approx. 1 : 8) compression, NEF (RAW) + JPEG: Single photograph recorded in both NEF (RAW) and JPEG formats
- Picture Control system Standard, Neutral, Vivid, Monochrome, Portrait, Landscape, selected Picture Control can be modified; storage for custom Picture Controls
- Media microSD (micro Secure Digital), microSDHC, microSDXC
- Card slot single
- File system DCF 2.0, DPOF, Exif 2.3, PictBridge
- Depth-of-field preview
- Shooting modes auto; creative, with a choice of the following options: creative palette, HDR, easy panorama, soft, miniature effect, selective color, cross process, and toy camera effect; programmed auto with flexible program, shutter-priority auto, aperture-priority auto, and manual; best moment capture (Active Selection, slow view and Smart Photo Selector); advanced movie (HD movie, slow motion, jump cut, fast motion and 4-second movie), Motion Snapshot
- Mechanical shutter:, 1/4000to, 30s, in steps of 1/3 EV; Bulb; Time (requires optional ML-L3 remote control) Electronic shutter: 1/16,000–30 s in steps of 1/3 EV; Bulb; Time (requires optional ML-L3 remote control)
- Flash sync speed Mechanical shutter: Synchronizes with shutter at, X=1/250s, or slower Electronic shutter: Synchronizes with shutter at X=1/60 s or slower
- Modes S (single frame), Continuous, Self-timer, Remote, Interval timer shooting
- Frame advance rate Approx. 6, 10, 20, 30, or 60 fps
- Self-timer 2 s, 10 s
- Metering method Matrix, center-weighted, spot
- Exposure compensation –3–+3EV, in steps of1/3EV
- Exposure lock Luminosity locked at metered value with AE-L/AF-L button
- ISO sensitivity 200 to, 12800, in steps of 1EV, ISO 160; 6400 (NR); 12800 (NR); auto ISO sensitivity control (ISO 160–6400, 160–3200, 160–800) available (user controlled in P, S, A, and M modes)
- Active D-Lighting On, off
- Built in flash Raised by pressing flash button
- Guide number 5/16 (m/ft, ISO 100, 20 °C/68 °F; at ISO 160, Guide Number is approx. 6.3/20.7)
- Control i-TTL flash control using image sensor
- Mode Fill flash, fill flash + slow sync, red-eye reduction, red-eye reduction + slow sync, rear-curtain sync, rear curtain + slow sync
- Flash compensation -3 to +1 EV in steps of 1/3 EV
- Flash-ready indicator Lights when flash is fully charged
- White balance Auto, incandescent, fluorescent, direct sunlight, flash, cloudy, shade, preset manual, all except preset manual with fine tuning
- Metering TTL exposure metering using main image sensor, TTL metering using image sensor
- Frame size (pixels) and frame rate HD movies (aspect ratio 16 : 9) 1920 x 1080/60p (59.94 fps) 1920 x 1080/30p (29.97 fps) 1280 x 720/60p (59.94 fps) 1280 x 720/30p (29.97 fps) Slow-motion movies 1280 x 720/120 fps (aspect ratio 16 : 9; plays at 30p/29.97 fps) 768 x 288/400 fps (aspect ratio 8 : 3; plays at 30p/29.97 fps) 416 x 144/1200 fps (aspect ratio 26 : 9; plays at 30p/29.97 fps) Fast-motion, jump-cut, and 4-second movies (aspect ratio 16 : 9) 1920 x 1080/30p (29.97 fps) Motion Snapshots (movie portion, aspect ratio 16 : 9) 1920 x 1080/60p (59.94 fps) (plays at 24p/23.976 fps)
- File format MOV
- Video compression H.264/MPEG-4 Advanced Video Coding
- Monitor size 7.5cm (3in.) diagonal
- USB Hi-Speed USB equivalent
- HDMI output Type D HDMI connector
- Audio input Stereo mini-pin jack (3.5mm diameter)
- Battery One rechargeable Li-ion EN-EL20a battery
- AC adapter EH-5b AC adapter; requires EP-5C power connector
- Tripod socket 1/4 in.
- Dimensions (WxHxD) 110.9, x65.0, x 33.2mm (4.4, x 2.6, x1.3in.)
- Weight 324g (11.4oz.), with battery and memory card but without body cap; approx. 282 g (9.9 oz), camera body only
- Operating environment Temperature: 0 °C–40 °C (+32 °F–104 °F)
- Humidity: 85% or less (no condensation)
- Body Cap, BF-N1000
- Rechargeable Li-ion Battery, EN-EL20a (included with terminal cover)
- Battery Charger, MH-29
- Strap, AN-N1000
- USB Cable, UC-E20
- ViewNX 2 CD.
Comments are very welcome. All comments are held for moderation. No advertising comments or links are accepted. To advertise please contact us.