The Nikon 1, J2 is basically a revision of the J1 camera released around 12 months ago.
It offers speed of operation and simplicity. It has a lightning quick image processor, EXPEED 3 and Smart Photo Selector.
The advanced hybrid auto focus system offers a “phase-detection AF”, superb for shooting fast action and a “contrast-detect AF” excellent for capturing exceptional details in poorly lit conditions.
A new Creative mode has been added to the four original J1 shooting modes , allowing for easy specification of the desired shooting scenes from a total of eight options, including Night Landscape. Also the monitor visibility has been increased with a high-resolution, 921k-dot LCD monitor.
These Nikon 1 cameras are ideal for a very small travelling companions.
They can also be used with the larger DX and FX camera lenses with this adaptor.
I have seen some very interesting images taken with these Nikon 1 cameras with longer telephoto lenses using the adaptor.
I quite like the range of Nikon 1 cameras but I do prefer the DSLR cameras with a larger sensor.
- 10.1 million pixels
- Image sensor, 13.2 mm x 8.8 mm CMOS
- Image size,
- aspect ratio 3 : 2, 3872 x 2592, 2896 x 1944, 1936 x 1296,
- movie mode, aspect ratio 16 : 9, 3840 x 2160 (1080/60i), 1920 x 1080 (1080/30p), 1280 x 720 (720/60p),
- Electronic shutter speed, 1/16,000-30 s in steps of 1/3 EV; Bulb; Time requires optional ML-L3 remote control
- Flash sync speed, 1/60 s or slower
- Frame advance rate, Electronic (Hi): Approx. 10, 30, or 60 fps Other modes: Up to 5 fps (auto photo mode or P, S, A, M chosen in creative mode with Continuous selected for Continuous, single AF or manual focus, Shutter-priority auto or Manual exposure mode, shutter speed 1/250 s or faster
- Self timer, 2 s, 5 s, 10 s Power source, rechargeable Li-ion EN-EL20 battery
- AC adapter, EH-5b AC adapter, requires EP-5C power connector (available separately)
- Dimensions (W x H x D), 106.0 x 61.0 x 29.8 mm, 4.2 x 2.4 x 1.2 in.
- Weight, 280 g, 9.9 oz
- Operating Temperature, 0-40 °C (+32-104 °F)
- Humidity, 85% or less.
Comments are very welcome. All comments are held for moderation. No advertising comments or links are accepted. To advertise please contact us.
Photography Categories And Nikon Equipment Data
- Accessories Microphones GPS Housings
- Android Tablet / Phone Camera Uses
- Camera Reviews, Recommendations, Sample Images, Articles and Software Processing Reviews
- Camera Settings For Better Images
- Capturing Aerial Images
- Capturing The Action Of Sports
- Capturing The Best Cityscapes And Architecture
- Capturing Transport
- Choosing And Selecting Camera Equipment
- Choosing And Selecting Nikon Lenses
- Coolpix Cameras
- Creating Different Image Styles
- Creating Dynamic Fireworks
- Creating The Panorama
- Creative People & Portraits
- Digital SLR System Camera Reviews
- DX Lens Reviews
- DX System Cameras
- DX System Prime Lenses
- DX System Zoom Lenses
- Electronic Flash And High Speed Flash Synchronization
- Exposure, Aperture, Shutter Speed, ISO
- Exposure, Histogram, ISO, White Balance, Color Temperature
- Fine Tuning Your Imaging Workflow
- Focus Stacking
- FX Lens Reviews
- FX System Cameras
- FX System Standard Prime Lenses
- FX System Standard Zoom Lenses
- FX System Super Telephoto Lenses
- FX System Teleconverters
- FX System Telephoto Prime Lenses
- FX System Telephoto Zoom Lenses
- FX System Wide Angle Prime Lenses
- FX System Wide Angle Zoom Lenses
- Handbooks Nikon View and Nikon Capture NX-2 Software
- History Of Photographic Imaging
- If You Are Into Action These are the Cameras
- Imaging Composition
- Keeping Your Camera Alive At Night
- Lens Reviews, Recommendations, Sample Images and Articles
- Lenses, Focal Length, Aperture
- Making Food Look Delicious
- Nature Photography Is Beautiful
- Nikon 1 Mirrorless System Reviews
- Nikon 1 System CX Cameras
- Nikon 1 System CX Lenses
- Nikon GPS Systems
- Nikon Remote Camera Control Reviews
- Nikon Software
- Nikon Software Reviews
- Nikon Speedlights, Electronic Flash Reviews and Recommendations
- Photographic Capture Techniques
- Photographing Festivals
- Photoshop Tutorials, High Dynamic Range (HDR), Double Exposure, Focus Stacking, Adobe Camera Raw Post Processing
- Recording Air, Army and Military Shows
- Recording Your Travels
- Review Of Nikon AF Nikkor 200 f/4D IF ED Micro Lens
- Review Of The Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm ED Ultra Wide Angle Lens
- Review Of The Nikon AF-S NIkkor 200-500mm f/5.6E ED VR Telephoto Lens
- Still Life Compositions
- Tips for Better Results From Your Camera
- Tips on using Teleconverters
- Tripods Monopods, Remote Camera Control and Your Accessories