The Nikon 1 Nikkor 10mm f/2.8 lens is the only prime lens and is the largest aperture lens in the recently released Nikon 1 system. If I were buying the Nikon the Nikon 1 system, this is one of the must have lenses from my perspective.
This wide angle lens is so small and would complement the compact nature of the new system.
This lens offers a 10 mm or 35 mm equivalent of 27 mm, in a fixed focal length, it will be ideal for building interiors and landscapes. In general I find that many prime lenses will give better performance than many of the zoom lenses and this is because they offer much lower apertures and give more capability for selective focus in many situations.
The following lenses are available for the Nikon 1 camera series:
- 10-100mm f/4.5-5.6 VR PD Zoom Lens – Wide range small aperture lens, 35mm equivalent is 27 to 270mm.
- 10mm f/2.8 Lens – High quality prime available light lens, 35mm equivalent is 27mm.
- 30-110mm f/3.8-5.6 VR Lens – Telephoto zoom lens, 35mm equivalent is 81-297mm.
- 10-30mm f/3.5-5.6 VR Lens – Standard focal length zoom, 35mm equivalent is 27-81mm.
The higher aperture lens, f/4.5 to f/5.6 is less suited to available light photography usage and the f/2.8 lens is a really nice prime lens for available light photography. There is not yet a large range of lenses to choose from for the Nikon 1 system and I guess more lenses will be developed with time as the camera system is still relatively new.
For a complete Nikon 1 systen you may need to get the three lenses 10mm f/2.8, 30-110mm f/3.8-5.6 VR and the 10-30mm f/3.5-5.6 VR lens.
There are now many images from this lens on the Flickr site.
- 1 Nikkor 10mm,
- Maximum aperture, f/2.8,
- Minimum aperture, 11,
- Lens construction, 5 groups, 6 elements,
- Angle of view, 77°,
- Number of diaphragms, 7,
- Minimum focus distance, 0.2 metres, 0.7 feet,
- Maximum reproduction ratio, 0.062,35 mm equivalent, 0.16,
- Weight, 77 grams, 2.8ounces,
- Diameter x length, distance from camera lens mount flange, 55.5×22 mm,
- Filter attachment size, 40.5mm,
- Lens cap type, Snap-on,
- Lens hood, HN-N101 (optional),
- Lens case, CL-N101 (optional),
- Lens hood cap, HC-N101 (optional).
Comments are very welcome. All comments are held for moderation. No advertising comments or links are accepted. To advertise please contact us.