The Nikon 1 Nikkor VR 30-110mm f/3.8-5.6 lens is a long telephoto zoom to bring distant objects in close. The 30-110mm lens (35 mm equivalent: 81-297 mm) is quite long for a camera such as this.
Whether you want to capture a still photo or a movie, the built-in Vibration Reduction will ensures steady shots, and the Nikon focussing motor will ensure fast focussing of the lens.
The lens is equipped with a retractable lens mechanism, so you can easily retract the lens to save space whenever you don’t want to use it.
In conjunction with the Nikon 1 cameras this lens will form a very compact long telephoto option.
The following lenses are available for the Nikon 1 camera series:
- 10-100mm f/4.5-5.6 VR PD Zoom Lens – Wide range small aperture lens, 35mm equivalent is 27 to 270mm.
- 10mm f/2.8 Lens – High quality prime available light lens, 35mm equivalent is 27mm.
- 30-110mm f/3.8-5.6 VR Lens – Telephoto zoom lens, 35mm equivalent is 81-297mm.
- 10-30mm f/3.5-5.6 VR Lens – Standard focal length zoom, 35mm equivalent is 27-81mm.
The higher aperture lens, f/4.5 to f/5.6 lens is less suited to available light photography usage and the f/2.8 lens is a really nice prime lens for available light photography. There is not yet a large range of lenses to choose from for the Nikon 1 system and I guess more lenses will be developed with time as the camera system is still relatively new.
For a complete Nikon 1 systen you may need to get the three lenses 10mm f/2.8, 30-110mm f/3.8-5.6 VR and the 10-30mm f/3.5-5.6 VR lens.
There are now many images from this lens on the Flickr site.
- 1 Nikkor VR 30-110mm,
- Lens construction 12 groups, 18 elements,
- Angle of view, 29°40′-8°20′,
- Number of diaphragm blades, 7,
- Maximum aperture, f/3.8-5.6,
- Minimum aperture, f/16,
- Minimum focus distance, 1.0 metres, 3.3 feet,
- Maximum reproduction ratio, 0.104, 35 mm equivalent, 0.28,
- Weight, 180 grams, 6.3 ounces,
- Size diameter x length, distance from camera lens mount flange, 60.0×61.0 mm when lens is retracted,
- Filter attachment size, 40.5 mm,
- Lens cap type, Snap on,
- Lens hood, HB-N103 (provided),
- Lens case, CL-N101 (optional).
Comments are very welcome. All comments are held for moderation. No advertising comments or links are accepted. To advertise please contact us.
Photography Categories And Nikon Equipment Data
- Accessories Microphones GPS Housings
- Android Tablet / Phone Camera Uses
- Camera Reviews, Recommendations, Sample Images, Articles and Software Processing Reviews
- Camera Settings For Better Images
- Capturing Aerial Images
- Capturing The Action Of Sports
- Capturing The Best Cityscapes And Architecture
- Capturing Transport
- Choosing And Selecting Camera Equipment
- Choosing And Selecting Nikon Lenses
- Coolpix Cameras
- Creating Different Image Styles
- Creating Dynamic Fireworks
- Creating The Panorama
- Creative People & Portraits
- Digital SLR System Camera Reviews
- DX Lens Reviews
- DX System Cameras
- DX System Prime Lenses
- DX System Zoom Lenses
- Electronic Flash And High Speed Flash Synchronization
- Exposure, Aperture, Shutter Speed, ISO
- Exposure, Histogram, ISO, White Balance, Color Temperature
- Fine Tuning Your Imaging Workflow
- Focus Stacking
- FX Lens Reviews
- FX System Cameras
- FX System Standard Prime Lenses
- FX System Standard Zoom Lenses
- FX System Super Telephoto Lenses
- FX System Teleconverters
- FX System Telephoto Prime Lenses
- FX System Telephoto Zoom Lenses
- FX System Wide Angle Prime Lenses
- FX System Wide Angle Zoom Lenses
- Handbooks Nikon View and Nikon Capture NX-2 Software
- History Of Photographic Imaging
- If You Are Into Action These are the Cameras
- Imaging Composition
- Keeping Your Camera Alive At Night
- Lens Reviews, Recommendations, Sample Images and Articles
- Lenses, Focal Length, Aperture
- Making Food Look Delicious
- Nature Photography Is Beautiful
- Nikon 1 Mirrorless System Reviews
- Nikon 1 System CX Cameras
- Nikon 1 System CX Lenses
- Nikon GPS Systems
- Nikon Remote Camera Control Reviews
- Nikon Software
- Nikon Software Reviews
- Nikon Speedlights, Electronic Flash Reviews and Recommendations
- Photographic Capture Techniques
- Photographing Festivals
- Photoshop Tutorials, High Dynamic Range (HDR), Double Exposure, Focus Stacking, Adobe Camera Raw Post Processing
- Recording Air, Army and Military Shows
- Recording Your Travels
- Review Of Nikon AF Nikkor 200 f/4D IF ED Micro Lens
- Review Of The Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm ED Ultra Wide Angle Lens
- Review Of The Nikon AF-S NIkkor 200-500mm f/5.6E ED VR Telephoto Lens
- Still Life Compositions
- Tips for Better Results From Your Camera
- Tips on using Teleconverters
- Tripods Monopods, Remote Camera Control and Your Accessories