The Nikon 1 NIKKOR VR 10-30mm f/3.5-5.6 lens is a very compact lens for the Nikon 1 CX system.
It is a medium (normal) zoom lens with a 10-30mm focal length range, 35 mm equivalent 27-81 mm, there is a button on the lens to retract it for compactness when it is not being used.
The lens has built in Vibration Reduction to ensures steady still images and movies, it uses Nikons Stepping Motor for focussing to give quiet autofocus performance, which can be especially useful when filming.
The following lenses are available for the Nikon 1 camera series:
- 10-100mm f/4.5-5.6 VR PD Zoom Lens – Wide range small aperture lens, 35mm equivalent is 27 to 270mm.
- 10mm f/2.8 Lens – High quality prime available light lens, 35mm equivalent is 27mm.
- 30-110mm f/3.8-5.6 VR Lens – Telephoto zoom lens, 35mm equivalent is 81-297mm
- 10-30mm f/3.5-5.6 VR Lens – Standard focal length zoom, 35mm equivalent is 27-81mm.
The higher aperture lens, f/4.5 to f/5.6 lens is less suited to available light photography usage and the f/2.8 lens is a really nice prime lens for available light photography. There is not yet a large range of lenses to choose from for the Nikon 1 system and I guess more lenses will be developed with time as the camera system is still relatively new.
For a complete Nikon 1 systen you may need to get the three lenses 10mm f/2.8, 30-110mm f/3.8-5.6 VR and the 10-30mm f/3.5-5.6 VR lens.
There are now many images from this lens on the Flickr site.
- Nikon 1 NIKKOR VR 10-30mm,
- Lens construction, 9 groups, 12 elements,
- Angle of view, 77° to 29°40′,
- Number of diaphragms, 7,
- Maximum f-stop, 3.5 to 5.6,
- Minimum f-stop 16,
- Minimum focus distance, 0.2metres, 0.7 feet,
- Maximum reproduction ratio , 0.21; 35 mm equivalent, 0.57,
- Weight, 115 grams, 4.1 ounces,
- Size, Diameter x length (distance from camera lens mount flange) (mm) 57.5×42 mm when lens is retracted,
- Filter attachment size, 40.5mm,
- Lens cap type, Snap-on,
- Lens hood, HB-N101 (optional),
- Lens case, CL-N101 (optional).
Comments are very welcome. All comments are held for moderation. No advertising comments or links are accepted. To advertise please contact us.
Photography Categories And Nikon Equipment Data
- Accessories Microphones GPS Housings
- Android Tablet / Phone Camera Uses
- Camera Reviews, Recommendations, Sample Images, Articles and Software Processing Reviews
- Camera Settings For Better Images
- Capturing Aerial Images
- Capturing The Action Of Sports
- Capturing The Best Cityscapes And Architecture
- Capturing Transport
- Choosing And Selecting Camera Equipment
- Choosing And Selecting Nikon Lenses
- Coolpix Cameras
- Creating Different Image Styles
- Creating Dynamic Fireworks
- Creating The Panorama
- Creative People & Portraits
- Digital SLR System Camera Reviews
- DX Lens Reviews
- DX System Cameras
- DX System Prime Lenses
- DX System Zoom Lenses
- Electronic Flash And High Speed Flash Synchronization
- Exposure, Aperture, Shutter Speed, ISO
- Exposure, Histogram, ISO, White Balance, Color Temperature
- Fine Tuning Your Imaging Workflow
- Focus Stacking
- FX Lens Reviews
- FX System Cameras
- FX System Standard Prime Lenses
- FX System Standard Zoom Lenses
- FX System Super Telephoto Lenses
- FX System Teleconverters
- FX System Telephoto Prime Lenses
- FX System Telephoto Zoom Lenses
- FX System Wide Angle Prime Lenses
- FX System Wide Angle Zoom Lenses
- Handbooks Nikon View and Nikon Capture NX-2 Software
- History Of Photographic Imaging
- If You Are Into Action These are the Cameras
- Imaging Composition
- Keeping Your Camera Alive At Night
- Lens Reviews, Recommendations, Sample Images and Articles
- Lenses, Focal Length, Aperture
- Making Food Look Delicious
- Nature Photography Is Beautiful
- Nikon 1 Mirrorless System Reviews
- Nikon 1 System CX Cameras
- Nikon 1 System CX Lenses
- Nikon GPS Systems
- Nikon Remote Camera Control Reviews
- Nikon Software
- Nikon Software Reviews
- Nikon Speedlights, Electronic Flash Reviews and Recommendations
- Photographic Capture Techniques
- Photographing Festivals
- Photoshop Tutorials, High Dynamic Range (HDR), Double Exposure, Focus Stacking, Adobe Camera Raw Post Processing
- Recording Air, Army and Military Shows
- Recording Your Travels
- Review Of Nikon AF Nikkor 200 f/4D IF ED Micro Lens
- Review Of The Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm ED Ultra Wide Angle Lens
- Review Of The Nikon AF-S NIkkor 200-500mm f/5.6E ED VR Telephoto Lens
- Still Life Compositions
- Tips for Better Results From Your Camera
- Tips on using Teleconverters
- Tripods Monopods, Remote Camera Control and Your Accessories