The GP-1, Global Positioning System (GPS) accessory is a great addition to your camera system. Very often when I am travelling I am inclined to forget (getting old) where I captured a certain image. With the GP-1, you will always be able to identify where an image was captured.
The system will record, the latitude, longitude, altitude and Universal Time Coordinated (UTC), with the image data EXIF information.
This GPS accessory is compatible with the following Nikon cameras:
- D3, D3x, D3s,
- D300, D300S,
- D5000, D5100,
- D2x, D2xs, D2Hs
The remote shutter release via a remote cord, MC-DC2 can be connected to the GP-1.
- Acquisition times,
- Cold start, 45 s,
- Hot start, 5 s
- Update rate, every second,
- GPS accuracy, horizontal, 10 m/33 ft,
- Connection and accessory terminals, USB,
- Power consumption, 180 mW,
- Dimensions, 45.5 x 25.5 x 50 mm or 1.8 x 1.0 x 2.0 in,
- Weight, 24 g, 0.85 oz,
- Cable length, 25 cm, 10 in.