Nikon Speedlight Review SB-910 Electronic Flash
The SB-910 flash is a replacement for the previous SB-900. Similar to previous flashes it is fully compatible with the superb Nikon Creative Lighting System.
Three illumination patterns are provided, standard, even and center weighted. This flash will automatically detect Nikon’s FX and DX formats and automatically selects suitable light distribution angles. A power zoom function covers wide angle 17mm to 200 mm lenses in FX format, or 12mm to 200 mm in DX format.
A new and easy to use MENU button will enable quick access to all of the custom settings, while an improved LCD panel graphical user interface (GUI) enhances operability. The flash is durable and heat resistant, easy to use, and uses hard color filters, fluorescent, incandescent filters are included.
The flash will automatically detects color filter types and transmit the filter information to the camera for optimum white balance settings
The flash minimum recycling time is approximately 2.3 seconds with Ni-MH batteries.
The flash will automatically detect increases in the flash head temperature to prevent overheating and to control the recycling times accordingly.
Firmware updates will be available via Nikon digital SLR cameras. The flAS IKS ALSO Compatible with The high performance battery pack, SD-9 and power bracket unit SK-6/6A. Optional Water Guard, WG-AS1 for D3 series is available, WG-AS2 guard for for D300 series, and WG-AS3 for the D700.
If you are using a Nikon Digital SLR then this is the ultimate flash for hight performance.
- Guide number, at 35 mm zoom head position, in FX format, standard illumination pattern, 34 metres, 111.5, feet, ISO 100,
- Effective flash output distance range, in i-TTL, auto aperture flash or non-TTL auto flash mode, 0.6 metres to 20 metres, 2 ft to 66 ft,
- The light distribution angle is automatically adjusted to the camera’s image area in both FX and DX formats,
- Available flash modes, i-TTL, Auto aperture flash, Non TTL auto flash. Distance-priority manual flash, Manual flash, Repeating flash,
- Nikon Creative Lighting System,
- Camera’s sync modes, slow sync, red-eye reduction slow sync, front-curtain sync, rear-curtain sync, rear-curtain slow sync,
- Photography functions, auto FP high-speed sync, FV lock, red-eye reduction,
- Bounce capability, flash head tilts down to 7° or up to 90° with click-stops at -7°, 0°, 45°, 60°, 75°, 90°,
- Flash head rotates horizontally 180° to the left and right with click-stops at 0°, 30°, 60°, 75°, 90°, 120°, 150°, 180°,
- Power source, four AA size batteries, 1.5 V LR6 alkaline batteries, 1.5 V FR6 lithium batteries, 1.2 V HR6 rechargeable Ni-MH batteries,
- Flash-ready indicator,
- SB-910 is fully recycled, lights up,
- Insufficient flash output for correct exposure, in i-TTL, auto aperture flash, non-TTL auto flash or distance-priority manual flash mode, blinks,
- Flash duration,
- 1/880 sec. at full output,
- 1/1100 sec. at 1/2 output,
- 1/2550 sec. at 1/4 output,
- 1/5000 sec. at 1/8 output,
- 1/10000 sec. at 1/16 output,
- 1/20000 sec. at 1/32 output,
- 1/35700 sec. at 1/64 output,
- 1/38500 sec. at 1/128 output,
- Mounting foot lock lever, provides secure attachment of the SB-910 to camera’s accessory shoe using locking plate and locking pin to prevent unintentional detachment,
- Flash compensation, -3.0 EV to +3.0 EV in increments of 1/3 EV steps in i-TTL, auto aperture flash, non-TTL auto flash or distance-priority manual flash mode,
- Custom settings, 19 items,
- ISO sensitivity manual setting,
- Thermal cut-out,
- Firmware update,
- Dimensions (W x H x D), 78.5 x 145 x 113 mm, 3.1 x 5.7 x 4.4 inches,
- Weight 510 g, 18 oz with four 1.5 V LR6, AA size alkaline batteries, 420 g, 14.8 oz, speedlight only.
Comments are very welcome. All comments are held for moderation. No advertising comments or links are accepted. To advertise please contact us.